신부님 강론
영성 강연
영신 수련
주일의 기도

작성일 : 11-03-13 21:30
마태오 4장-1-11(유혹) 영어강론
 글쓴이 : 관리자
조회 : 3,799  
My brothers and sisters in Christ – welcome to our Mass on this the first Sunday in Lent. I am wondering how many of you of you have made promises to God for Lent? If you have please raise your right hand. Let us now offer all those promises to God. And those of you who have not yet made such a promise – let us promise to read through the Book of Deuteronomy through Lent so we may be guided in how we handle temptation.

What is it that these three temptations of Jesus in today’s Gospel are meant to teach us? After all most of us are about how to resist temptation in our everyday life. We all know the phrase: I can resist anything except temptation! There is a Chinese proverb which refers to temptation: You can’t stop birds flying over your head but you can prevent them from nesting in your hair!

Jesus’ responses to all three human attractions presented to him in today’s gospel are based solidly in trusting God for His identity – rather than having God do tricks so that faith would be unnecessary.
Perhaps they are the usual pattern of the Tempter by which the Tempter has seduced humanity down through the ages. Perhaps they are pride, envy and lust for certainty through power. I am sure they are well-known to all of us who experience deeply our own weakness.

There is story about a man who went to a Friday night office party where he did not drink but where one of his female office workers did. Feeling sorry for her he offered to drive her home. Pure and simple. But afterwards he worried about what his wife might think and so he was tempted to say nothing. The next day the wife suggested they go to a movie and he agreed. But driving there he looked over to the passenger side he noticed a high-heeled lady’s shoe on the floor of the passenger side. Panicking he pointed to something outside the car and while his wife was looking he picked up the shoe and dropped it out of the car…. But when they arrived for the movie, his wife asked – “Darling, can you see my right shoe?”

Temptations have a purpose. We are weak, but each time we stand with Jesus, each time we resist temptation, we gain power. That power ultimately does not belong to us, but to God. The power is real, but when we think it is our own, we set ourselves up for a big fall. With that in mind let's review the three purposes of temptation:
1.Humility: it gives us the chance to expose our true self.
2. Trust: it gives us the chance to entrust ourselves to God.
3. Strength: by God's grace it gives us the chance to take power from Tempta temptation. Humility, trust, strength.

A way to remember this is by the phrase "His True Servant."
HST: That is God allows the devil to tempt us so we can gain humility, trust and strength – so as we can become his true servants. As Jesus said in response to Satan's final temptation:
 "The Lord, your God, shall you worship and him alone shall you serve." Amen.
Brothers and Sisters in Christ, There is a great hunger in the world for love. Every human being will satisfy their hunger for God only by seeking -----satisfaction in God. Jesus Christ is that bread, truly present among us: the Bread of Life. "The bread that I shall give is my flesh, for the life of the world." 'Man does not live on bread alone, but...by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God,' (Deut 8:3; Mt 4:4) that is by the Word he speaks and the Spirit he breathes forth. The Word of God accepted in faith, the Body of Christ received in the Eucharist.

God is love, and we possess the love of God by possessing his life, receiving His Body and Blood in the Communion of the Mass. "Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink His blood, you have no life in you." With this gift we lack nothing in this world, for infinite love is ours.

Let us pray for one another until next week, we meet Christ again in the liturgy.

Total 198
번호 제   목 글쓴이 날짜 조회
198 연중제20주일-생명의 빵 관리자 08-18 2093
197 대림제4주일 영어강론 관리자 12-20 2462
196 그리스도왕 대축일- 영어 관리자 11-20 2817
195 슬기로운 처녀 (영어) (1) 관리자 11-06 1873
194 마태22장34-40(두계명) 관리자 10-22 1936
193 마태22장 15-21 관리자 10-15 1620
192 마태22장 1-14 관리자 10-15 1766
191 밀과 가라지 강론 영어 관리자 07-17 2621
190 부활 제3주일 강론 관리자 05-07 3107
189 부활 제2주일 영어강론 관리자 04-30 3021